- Georgia Tech degree-seeking, undergraduate students only.
- At least 18 years of age by Aug. 15.
- Completed at least two full-time semesters of study at GT by Aug. 15.
- Good Academic Standing with a 3.0 (or higher) GPA at time of application.
- Able to be in Washington, D.C. for the duration of the Fall semester, INCLUDING through the final exam period.
- In Good Standing with the GT Office of Student Affairs and Housing at time of application.
- U.S. citizenship is not necessary; non-U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
- No background in INTA or SPP necessary. We are looking for a broad range of GT students.
Students will live in a housing facility in double, triple, or quadruple occupancy furnished apartments. The cost will be roughly the same as GT campus housing and would be included in the Program.
Housing will be within walking distance to the U.S. Capitol and offer 24-hour/day assistance for lockouts and emergencies.
In addition to networking events with GT alumni and with other student residents, students will participate in guided field visits to government offices such as the State Department, the Pentagon, the Supreme Court, and Capitol Hill. They will also tour historic sites and museums around the Washington D.C. area, taking advantage of the knowledge and experience of INTA and SPP faculty.
In state tuition + $5,650. Includes housing and some social events, but not flights, meals, transportation, or other daily expenses.
A $500 deposit is required after the student receives an email notification stating that they are accepted into the program. This deposit is non-refundable. It is not possible to transfer the deposit to another Georgia Tech study abroad or GAH program. A refund is possible only if GTDC declines an application or revokes an acceptance due to a low GPA, or academic, or disciplinary issues. The deposit is not refunded if the student cancels due to accepting a co-op/internship/job.
As per USG policy, all students will pay in-state tuition regardless of residency status. Students will also be eligible for financial aid, including GT Promise.
Each GTDC student will be assigned a mentor who is a both a GT alumni and shares their interests. Mentors will help students to navigate their internships and the DC world, as well as provide insight and advice on careers and courses of study while at GT.